Boost Your Immunity with Liver Cleansing
World Liver Day is celebrated on the 19th of April to spread awareness and, ensuring Liver health. During this COVID-19 pandemic, we have become ignorant of various other health hazards.
The Liver is the 2nd largest organ in the body. It is a key player in our body’s digestive system which can be easily damaged if we don’t take good care of it. The Liver is multi-functional, including:
- controlling Cholesterol level,
- fighting infections and illness,
- regulating blood sugar,
- preventing toxic substances of the body,
- releasing bile, which helps in the break down of fats in the small intestine, during digestion and,
- regulating blood clotting.
The Liver has a vital role in the digestive system as well as in boosting the immune system. If we don’t take care of our Liver, it may lead to liver diseases, including:
- Hepatitis is one of the serious Liver diseases, referred to as the inflammation of the Liver, commonly caused by viral infections. Bharat falls in the intermediate zone according to its endemicity. WHO shows that in Bharat, 40 million peoples are infected with Hepatitis-B and 12 million peoples with Hepatitis-C. Hepatitis puts people at high risk of death from Cirrhosis and Cancer.
- Jaundice is a yellowish pigmentation of the skin and whiteness of the eyes due to the high Bilirubin level. A total of 2139 peoples reported deceased in Bharat due to Jaundice, in the last year.
- Cirrhosis is the destruction of Liver cells. It is mainly caused by the Hepatitis-C virus and excess alcohol consumption.
Besides these, other major diseases are Autoimmune Hepatitis, Primary Biliary Cholangitis, Liver Cancer, Bile Duct Cancer and, Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease.
Here are some tips for Liver cleansing:
- Exercise regularly and maintain body weight
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet that contains lots of fibers, whole-grain bread, rice, etc.
- Eat grapefruit, apple, vegetables, carrot, garlic, oily fish
- Use olive oil
- Take green tea, coffee
- Get vaccinated against Hepatitis
- Say no to toxic chemicals such as Aerosol and cleaning products that can injure Liver cells
- Say no to alcohol, smoking, and abuse of drugs
Let us swear: We will take care of our Liver and swear that in the next few years We will build Bharat free of Hepatitis.